Maile Ohye from Google does a very good job documenting the main points one should look at during this process. She outlines the SEO hiring process in three steps:
- Conduct a two-way interview with your potential SEO. Check that they seem genuinely interested in you and your business.
- Check their references.
- Ask for a technical and search audit.
Here are some questions we often get asked by our new clients:
- Can you show us examples of your previous work and some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any other online marketing services or advice to complement your SEO business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, in what timeframe and how do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in a specific industry, country or city?
- What’s your experience developing international SEO campaigns?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- Do we provide online marketing training for their in-house teams?