3 things to keep in mind when create a digital marketing around bank holidays in the UK
DIY & GARDENING
- Home & garden searches jumped by 15% year-on-year in the Spring Bank Holiday weekend in 2015
- By 21% in the early May Bank Holiday as people seek answers for their home & garden-related searches
- “how-to” searches have doubled in the last 12 months
- Home-related videos on YouTube pick up two weeks before Bank Holiday.
- 61% of the consumers search on YouTube to find how-to videos.
- Find out what your consumers are searching for and create engaging content to match those search queries
A few tips to get the most out of YouTube:
Answer the questions
Make sure you answer what your consumers are looking for
Make sure you use the right title tags and descriptions and share it to reach your audience
Call to actions
44% of consumers would be likely to buy a product after saw in a how-to video
During and around bank holidays, mobile searches usually overtakes desktop over the weekend. This is very critical and you need to implement a digital marketing strategy targeting your mobile customers.
- 4 in every 10 home and garden searches were on a mobile device
- When it comes to product research, 28% of people use their mobile to look for advice, 32% for comparison, and 46% for inspiration
- 76% of people who search on their smartphone for something nearby visit a related business within a day